This archived article was written by: Jessa Love Adams
Eagle staff members picked their best of CEU 2009 to highlight its favorite and not-so-favorite stories about the life and times of the CEU community. There is no order of the list, just what we remember the most about 2009.
• The CEU fountain pranks were always fun to watch. Students have a lot of fun and creative ideas when it comes to decorating the fountain. However, making a restaurant out of the fountain was the best. Remember the tables and chairs.
• Earlier in the semester there were fires that created amazing sunsets. The blue moon on New Year’s Eve made bringing the New Year that much better.
• H1N1 was a big deal last semester. Shea Sperry was one of the many victims of the H1N1 flu. She said, “It’s basically like the regular flu, except for the cough you get, but it’s definitely blown out of proportion.” CEU, however still encourages students to get vaccinated.
• The CEU merger with USU was a mess, no one knew what was going on and a lot of rumors started spreading. Another was the budget cuts which unfortunately resulted in faculty layoffs.
• The best activity was the lite bright dance. Kristen Zarucchi Mize said, “I really enjoyed the lite bright dance; people really bonded and had a good time.” Returning students said it was a lot better than last year’s dance.
• The worst activity was twister held in the JLSC because maybe six students showed up. Human chess was also downright boring.
• The best cafeteria meal was the huge Thanksgiving dinner, which tasted delicious. Staffers thought every student who ate the meal was full and enjoyed every morsel.
• The best performance in the Geary Theater was a toss up between the Winter Dance Show and “Room Service”. But “Room Service” tops out as just too funny to not be crowned the best performance.
• The best hair day was cosmetology’s fantasy hair competition which included several wacky styles.
• The best weekly entertainment is improv. The improv students are clever and always looking for more audience members every Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Little Theater.
• The best movies of fall 2009 are “Avatar,” “Sherlock Holms” and “The Princess and the Frog.” Ashton Scarlet had the opportunity to see “Sherlock Holms” and said, “I found it to be incredibly intelligent. Robert Downy Jr. and Jude Law had good chemistry. It was witty. I absolutely recommend this movie.”
• The worst parking is the parking lot at the Reeves building, it’s not very big and you can never find a spot.
• Last semester the men’s basketball team beat the number-two team in the nation: North Idaho College. We really like watching the games.
• CEU’s dumbest criminals are Zach Ramsi and Casey Butchy. On Halloween the two held two youngsters at gun point to rob them. When the two boys didn’t have any money, Ramsi and Butchy stole a bandana that was part of a boy’s Halloween costume.
• All of the head residents on campus are appreciated but a thanks goes to Rouie and Kapono Barton of Sessions Hall who make a yummy treat every Sunday for Session’s residents.
• The best SUN Center activities fall semester were Trick or Treat for Food, Angel Tree and the Bread and Soup nights.
• The nicest staffers on campus are Robinn Snow, Sharon Jones and Becky Archibald.