This archived article was written by: Nate Davis & David Osborne
Quick Hits will be featured in every Eagle newspaper, highlighting the top five stories in the sporting world.
5. Obama watched the Chicago Bulls take on the Washington Wizards. Not only did Obama drink beer while attending, but also trash talked with a couple Wizards’ fans and left early when the Bulls were blown out. This proves he is all American.
4. Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, threatens to get rid of the entire team at the end of the season if they continue under-performing.
3. March Madness first round game is March 17. Selection Sunday is March 15 so make sure to get your brackets filled out.
2. Mountain West Conference appeals to start an eight-team-football playoff. Ninety two percent of the nation agrees this would be better than the BCS.
1. Two NFL players disappeared during a fishing trip. Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper are listed missing after they were not found during the rescue searches. The boat was found capsized with one survivor.