This archived article was written by: Nathan Manley and Emily Williams
Men’s top ten turn-ons
10. Sense of Style – There is a big difference in wearing expensive clothes and being stylish. Typically speaking, women dominate this area, but we do notice your outfits and shoes and we are aware of color schemes.
9. Watching Sports – Personally I am not a sports fanatic, I would rather play than watch, but more than occasionally, I like to sit down and watch a game, especially during the playoffs or championship. We love it when our girl is sitting there getting into it with us and not just messing with her phone.
8. Confidence – This is a tricky one for males and females. There is a fine line of exuding confidence without coming off as an arrogant s.o.b. But there is something about a woman who knows she has the right stuff, without showing that she knows.
7. Nice Mouth – We love when they show us a nice set of pearly whites with a cute smile. And if we get the chance to smack those kissable lips, and they really know how to kiss…then game over.
6. Yoga Pants and Volleyball Shorts – Just wear them ladies, enough said.
5. Sexy Accent/Voice – We don’t know what it is about a woman with a foreign accent or a lounge singer voice, but it does something to us down deep that makes us weak in the knees.
4. Personality/Holding a Conversation – It does not matter how drop dead gorgeous you are, if you have as much personality as a sack of rocks and we are not able to talk to you, than we are turned on as much as a gay man in strip club.
3. Being Goofy and Yourself – As mature as we might seem on a date or in public, deep down and behind closed doors, we are still little boys. We like to goof and tease, so it is great when she can let her hair down and show us a not so prissy side.
2. Singing – Anytime we hear a female sing, whose voice is pure and soars like a nightingale, we are putty in your hands. The temperature rises and our hearts melt, so if you want to see a goopy mess, just sing for us.
1. Looks Cute in the Morning – Basically if we know you still look cute without all the makeup, hairstyle or fancy clothes, it is an added bonus and turns us on even more.
Women’s top ten turn-ons
10) Good smile – This is a classic turn-on for both genders. It is important to have a nice smile. A smile is not all genetics. Hygiene is also involved. Brush, floss, even whiten. Another turn on is nice lips. Use lip balm to keep your lips looking soft and kissable.
9) Man hands – Women love a man who can take care of her. A good indicator of manly work ethic and ability is a man’s hands. Rough, strong, working hands can make ladies swoon. A little callus shows your rough and rugged side that ladies go crazy for.
8) Clean up nicely – While dirty working men are nice, it is important to have duality. When it is time to clean up and look nice women want to see a man who can take care of himself. This means no unibrow, styled hair, and a coordinated outfit. A stylish woman will be attracted to a stylish man, it is that simple.
7) Sense of humor – Everyone has heard that a lady loves a guy who can make her laugh. It is true. The best flirt is a funny one. If you can get a woman to laugh, you have a foot in the door.
6) Play with her hair – For some reason, this makes women melt. Don’t grab a stranger’s ponytail and expect to get a date out of it. However, after a few dates, this is a great move, which will build familiarity and help her fall for you.
5) Make her feel more important than sports – All men have their hobbies, for some it is sports, others video games, fixing cars, hunting, golf or guitar. Women love a man who will make her feel like she is the most important thing in the world. When the game comes on, do not send her away; instead involve her in it. Give her a back rub while she watches or teach her how to play video games with you. If you sacrifice a few hours of your favorite hobby to see the late night premiere of the latest chick flick with her, that will earn some major points.
4) Cologne – Science has proven that smell can induce a strong emotional reaction. Use this to your advantage. Men smell, no matter what. You might as well smell good instead of bad. Brush your teeth and shower daily to prevent the stench, and use a reasonable amount of nice cologne to be on the smell offensive. A pleasant whiff of a handsome man can send a girl to cloud nine in an instant.
3) Good with girlfriends – It is an attractive quality when a man can get along with a woman’s friends. It is one thing to be funny and charming when the two of you are alone, but it is equally important to win over her friends. If a woman’s friends don’t like you, it is usually the kiss of death in any relationship.
2) Attention to detail – Pay attention to the little things. This shows a woman that you really listen to her and value what she says. Most women have had experiences when a man only has interest in her appearance. A man that remembers her favorite dessert or notices when something is bothering her is desirable.
1) Good with kids – This is the ultimate turn-on. Women love to see a man’s sensitive side. If a guy can drop the “tough guy” pretense for a while and play with kids, women see that he has a good heart and is not afraid to be a little goofy. When a man shows his softer side, especially with children, it will change the way a woman sees him. If you want to make the jump from friendly crush to something serious, show her you are good with kids.