This archived article was written by: Michelle Fleck
1) The students! The campus is lonely during the summer when most of the students are away. It’s an honor to have the chance to influence the students’ lives — I love it when students tell me that they’ll “never look a rock the same way” after having taken a geology course at CEU.
2) My faculty colleagues. What a bunch of intelligent, energetic and dedicated people with whom to work. The most fun part of my job as dean is having the opportunity to observe others’ teaching.
3) The staff members who care deeply about the welfare of our students.
4) The geographic setting of the college. This part of Utah is a world-class place to teach and study geology. The Wedge Overlook is only about 40 miles away, and I love taking my geology students to see it and the geologic history that it represents.
5) The high-tech classrooms in the Reeves Building. I love the Elmo cameras.
6) Our Fine Arts departments (Music, Dance, Theatre, Art & Poetry) give our students and the community the opportunity to experience the arts without leaving Carbon County. I am continually amazed by the amount of talent that our faculty members possess.
7) The view from my office window is superb.