This archived article was written by: Kyle VanAmen
I am back at it again USU Eastern. This time reminding you the Mayans say the world will end this December. The Mayans are always right….
1. Swim in Lake Powell- Before the end of the world, everyone needs to take a dip in Lake Powell. Whether your wake boarding or just boating, you really need to experience it. Lake Powell has beautiful canyon walls that you can think about while disaster strikes.
2. See Temple Square- No matter what religion you are, you can still appreciate the beautiful landscaping and architecture. In Christmas time the lights are beautiful and everyone gets engaged, so stick around and see true love before there is no more left.
3. Visit Arches National Park- Being in Utah, you has a wonderful opportunity to see some of the world’s most unique and beautiful National Parks; so take advantage of it. See that amazing arch that is on those license plates. See a sunset over the beautiful red rock…maybe for the last time.
4. Go to Moab- Go jeeping, mountain biking and rock climbing all in one town. Moab is a great outdoor place to visit. People from all over the world go to Moab for the Jeep Safari, so go there meet people from all over. This could be the last year for the Jeep Safari, just saying.
5. Visit Salt Lake City- If you are in any state you need to see the capital city. Salt Lake City is a great city. There isn’t a lot of crime and there is a lot to do. You get to see the beautiful mountains. Might as well go in December and see the lights and the end of the world.
6. Hike Zion’s National Park- Zion’s National Park is one of the most beautiful National Parks in the United States. So go see it before it’s gone. Take a hike!
7. Go see the Salt Flats- Who wouldn’t want to see where legends were made? Some of the fastest vehicle in the world has gone there to test their limits; stand where they were and take in the vast flat landscape. Maybe you could take your car there when the world ends and test its limits.
8. See a buffalo at Antelope Island- I think everyone needs to see the North American beast. It was almost gone once; it will be again, soon. So why not go see the majestic beast while it here.
9. Go skiing- Utah has the greatest snow on Earth. If you live here you’re obligated to go enjoy it. Nothing is better than fresh powder and you tearing down the slops. You might want to test out the greatest snow on Earth while there still is an Earth.
10. Sail the Great Salt Lake- In Utah there are no oceans…But there is a big, huge, enormous salty lake which is like an ocean. The Great Salt Lake is your only chance to learn how to sail in Utah, so take advantage of it. If you learn how to sail, you will be able to sail through the end of the world.